Thursday, July 02, 2009

07/02/09

More clematis... opened and beautiful.



Here is something Wesley told me the other day. It made me chuckle inside.

We were discussing the Michael Jackson thing as we saw on the news yet another "tribute" to the man. We have used this whole situation as a great example with the kids about how you can have a lot of money but it doesn't make you happy. True joy doesn't come from what you own... it comes from the Lord.

Well, as he was sitting there looking at this newscast, Wesley says something like "You know, if I had all that money I wouldn't use it just to buy STUFF, I would buy a Farmall Tractor, and, of course, food and clothes, but I would use my money wisely."

Hee hee... He may want some land with that tractor.

I am glad he is seeing that you don't have to have a lot of THINGS to make you happy. Money is necessary but not the only thing. I would rather live with less money and depend on the Lord for provisions. He is going to provide all I need.

Now... off to photograph these crazy kids of mine and their friend who are enjoying a simple thing in life that is free... spraying each other with the water hose. hee hee

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know on a day like today that the water hose felt mighty good. Love the pictures of the clemtis, that was beautiful.Tell my good looking Son , my two preciousGrandkids, and of course my Beautiful Daughter-in-law a big Hello for Me.
Love Mrs. Wiggs

Katrina said...

Wow Kellie, these are great photos! Did you get a macro lens? Actually, your pics are always great :)

I am with Wesley, STUFF can be a burden.

We sure love the free water fun!

mc said...

Love Wesley' comment- Will made a similar one. I love that Wesley would buy a tractor- that could prove to be a very wise purchase. he is a sweetie!

Amy said...

WOW, that third shot is just gorgeous!!!

Wesley is too cute, love his comment. Anika saw an old photo of him the other day and said, "Wait, Michael Jackson WAS black??? I had no idea you can change from black to white, how did he do that?"

Sal Cartusciello said...

That is a great deep purple color. Looks great.

Amy said...

Oh I just LOVE that third picture. So pretty!!

Love Wesley's comment :-)

Are you as sick of hearing about Michael Jackson as I am???? Geeessshhh that is ALL you hear anymore. Something came on the other day about him and C said "Oh no, not Michael Jackson AGAIN!!" LOL