Monday, July 06, 2009

07/06/09


We saw these flags everywhere at Animal Kingdom in the tiger and fruit bat area. I thought they were so pretty.


I found out what they were for and it kind of saddened me. These flags are religious in nature... the people in certain parts of Asia believe these are prayer flags. They put them out and when they disintegrate then they believe their prayer is finally answered.

Can you imagine how long some have to be hanging in order to disintegrate and, therefore, to have the "prayer" answered?

I am so thankful that I know what God's Word says about prayer life. I can go to Him anytime in prayer... it is just like a "phone call" and I don't have to wait for a flag to disintegrate into nothing and wonder whether my prayer will be answered.

Sometimes God doesn't answer my prayer the way I want because it isn't His will. He ALWAYS answers prayer. It is always Yes, No or WAIT.

Matthew 21:22
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Jeremiah 33:3
Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't that just break your heart.
I'm like you I am so glad that my heavenly Father doesn't make me wait that long for an answer.

Katrina said...

I have always wondered what the tattered flags were for. So very, very sad.

Kelly said...

I too am thankful for a God who answers prayers (in His time and in His will). Thankfully He knows what is best for His children! What a great reminder!!