Thursday, July 23, 2009

07/23/09

A couple more from the Photo Walk:

I have always wanted to photograph this clock in downtown Cary. I honestly don't think I gave it the "pizzazz" I had hoped with this shot. Maybe I'll have to try it again some day.


This water meter was interesting to me simply because of the writing. I am just always drawn to things that look old. I honestly don't know how old it is... could be a year old and just from the weather it looks older, but I loved the words and seeing where it was made.

The kids and I saw a bird fly into our window today. Poor thing was stunned and had a time getting up but he was OK. The kids both thought he was going to die but I told them just to wait and watch... you would be a little "coockoo", too, if you had run full blown into glass. lol They loved watching him when he flew away. (The cats were going crazy at this bird.. it was hilarious to watch.) It was wonderful to see how I knew God was taking care of that bird just like He takes care of me.

In still studying "Peace", I read this part last night. Gotta share again:

I challenge you all to read Psalm 104... then you will understand a bit more about this first part that Beth Moore writes.

"I don't know about you, but this psalm makes me feel rather miniscule, and yet we, of all creatures great and small, have access [to God.] Why? Because Christ became our peace on Calvary.

I will never forget watching an evening talk show featuring the story of the parents and killer of a young college student. The killer was his best friend. The weapon was high alcohol content inside a speeding automobile. We've heard so many stories about drunk drivers and their victims. What made this particular feature prime-time viewing? The parents have forgiven the young driver... and if that was not enough, they had taken him in as their own.

This young man sat at the table in the chair which was once occupied by their only son. He slept in the son's bed. He worked with the victim's father, teaching seminars on safety. He shared their fortune and supported their causes. He spoke about the one he had slain in ways only someone who knew him intimately could have.

Why did these parents do such a thing? Becuse it gave them peace. The interviewer was amazed; I was amazed. I kept trying to put myself in the parents' position - but I could not. Then, as the tears streamed down my cheeks, I heard the Spirit of God whisper to my heart and say: "No wonder you cannot relate. You have pu yourself in the wrong position. You, my child, are the driver."

God was the parent -- who not only forgave -- but also invited me to sit at His table in the space my Savior left for me. As a result, I have peace."

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." - John 14:27

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh, I love the water meter shot! I'd venture to say that it's pretty old. Great angle! :)