Tuesday, July 07, 2009

07/07/09

These shots are of Gaillardia... never heard of it before I saw it at a nursery and just knew I had to buy it to photograph it. lol


Mikayla began her piano lessons today. I must say it was so exciting to be there with her when she began. :) I actually learned some of the notes that I had LONG forgotten from thirty years ago when I ATTEMPTED to learn piano. She is in there right now practicing... she is loving it! I also love how we have to set her up on two phone books for her arms to be in correct position for playing.


When she was born my aunt said she had piano playing hands.... I couldn't agree more.


After she practiced her notes for a bit she really got the hang of the piece. It isn't a masterpiece by any means, but it is her first piece to play. I am enjoying watching her... love her little concentration.

Wesley is having a sleepover at a friend's house tonight. On the way there we got behind a Porsche. Wesley started saying "SWEET!... Check out that car!" Mikayla then proceeds to say "Sweet? There ain't nothing sweet about that car... you can't taste it so how do you know it is sweet!?" ha!! Love that.... (I must say I cannot believe how "old" that made Wesley sound today... kind of took me back. I guess I need to get used to stuff like that, though.)

I had my first "back to school" dream the other night. I dreamed that I was too busy making sure Wesley and Mikayla were alright in their building with their new teacher and that I suddenly realized I had nothing up on my walls in my classroom, nor any lesson plans done. When I ran to my room all of these parents and students were sitting there waiting for me and they were none too happy. Thankfully, I woke up. I hate those dreams. LOL Makes me still feel like after almost 15 years of teaching I have lost it going into the school year. (Remember, though, I am still not talking about going back to school yet.... it was just a DREAM.) :)

Off to eat some homemade icecream with some chocolate syrup... yes, a little late, but it's summer after all. :)

4 comments:

Amy said...

That is one pretty flower! I've seen them here, but never known their name. And how awesome to see Mikayla enjoying the piano! :)

Gretchen said...

Every single year that I have taught, I have had the "teacher nightmare."

So funny!

Sal Cartusciello said...

I like Wesley's taste. The old "bubble" 911s are the "sweetest". ;-)

Amy said...

Those are beautiful flower pictures!!!!!

Love the pictures of Mikayla. Looks like she is really enjoying it!