Saturday, July 18, 2009

07/18/09

Today's "word picture" of the week is actually going to be from something I DID today. So, not really a word... sorry. :)

I went on a Photo Walk in downtown Cary. My friend Casey told me about it and I decided it would be neat. It was also nice to finally meet him in person, as well as meet new people.


We were able to walk around and just capture whatever we wanted so it wasn't like we all had to stay in a group. I have never done anything like this.... on one hand it was great to have new "material" to capture, but on the other hand, I had some apprehension of trying to think out of the box and my comfort zone. We began at an old house, went to railroad tracks and then on to the shops area. It was neat to see things in a different perspective because I normally just drive on by that area without as much thought.

I did have a funny moment, which always goes along with me when I photograph. I was walking on the front porch of this old house where we began and wasn't watching where I was going (imagine that....). The porch "became" steps, the steps turned into more and more that I wasn't ready for.... get the "picture?" Let's just say, though, I recovered in time to keep from falling, but I am sure I still looked pretty silly. :)

I took quite a few pics... but didn't like all of them. lol I'm still in the process of working on them, but here are a few I shot at first (along with the one up above).

Old hand pump for a well.

It had rained the night before so there were rain droplets on everything. Made me want my macro lens, but I also knew that would be annoying changing lenses back and forth. As you read above I already had issues enough with walking with just my camera. lol

This was a neat sculpture. It was cloudy until we ended the walk (go figure) but I really liked the textures in the clouds today. A lot of pictures were blown out because of what I was trying to capture, but this one seemed to get it all.

You know how I love old anything...

trying to get a new perspective on something we see all of the time

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Glad you got to do the Photo walk. I really wanted to go on the one near me but we had a funeral to attend today.

My favorite one is of the rain drops on the latch.

Unknown said...

Kellie those are great. I Love the droplets one. Had a good time yesterday, we should do it more often :)

Amy said...

Your photo walk sounds like such fun. You got some really great shots!! The water droplet one is my fav!!!