Friday, July 17, 2009

07/17/09


On Wednesday my best friend, her kids, my kids and me all went to the beach for the day. It was a WONDERFUL day and hardly any humidity. I could have sat on that beach longer but we knew we had to head back. That is the only bad part about going down just for the day.

I was reminded of a few things while at the beach:

Do not try to fix your clothing/hat while facing a wave. It WILL come up on you before you realize it and slap you in the face.

Salt water, although good for some things, is not necessarily a blessing in the eye.... especially with your contacts.


SPF 45 and spray SPF 30 still cannot block out all rays of sun when you have lily white skin. You WILL suffer some burnage, apparently..... as I have.

I was amazed, as I had been at Disney, at the choices of clothing for people. Remember: Just because it is in fashion does not mean it is meant for YOU.


I was not pooped on by a gull this year.... the umbrella caught it for me.

Watching my kids play in the sand and water is priceless.


I will show more pics later....

Now, I am off to go on a date with my sweet Steve tonight. It's been way too long since we've had time to ourselves. :)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Fun shots, I love the bright colors of the umbrella! That last shot of the pier is awesome!!! :)

Katrina said...

Sounds like my kind of day, minus the water in the eye and sunburn! I LOVE the beach. Your're right, priceless! Hope you enjoyed your date :)

Katrina said...

Typing so fast, suppose to be you're... :)

Anonymous said...

I had fun with you at the beach!