Sunday, July 05, 2009

07/05/09

Here are some pics of our own Fourth of July celebration. It was comical, but we all had a great time. :)

Here is Steve's version of a "grand finale" at the beginning of the fireworks display... lol He was quite disappointed but I thought it was pretty neat!
He then resorted to these rocket thingies that just flew up into the air and did a little pop and light. Not as impressive as he had hoped. SO... I became creative and set my camera to the starting point and the next two shots show what I got. His "cannon" was his golf ball retriever propped up on a cat litter box. LOL!

LOVE these :)
We played around with the sparklers and had a great time with them. Here I am actually in FRONT of the camera!! I sometimes get tired of capturing all of the fun and never being a part of it. lol

I was reminded of this verse again today at church and it went along so well with what I talked about yesterday.

II Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Very cool, I especially like the one of you! How long was your ss? I wanted to try that, but it's illegal to have fireworks where we live. I didn't even see any booths selling them.

Amy said...

That is one of my favorite verses!!

Love the fireworks pictures...very cool. Please share your settings for the sparkler picture. That is so neat!!

Katrina said...

Fun sparkler picture :)

Gretchen said...

I love that picture of you! So cool!!!
(Or as Wesley would say .... sweet!)