Friday, July 25, 2008

07/25/08

The first picture today is from our barrel around the back of the house. I thought the colors were so pretty together so I figured I would photograph it. :)

Today is Friday, so therefore, we cleaned. I could not get over the amount of spiders that have inhabited our household since I did our main cleaning last Friday! I was sucking them up left and right today. I know it is getting towards the end of summer... I am still battling the ants, but they are not as severe as they were yesterday. Hopefully Steve can spray tomorrow.

Speaking of my sweet guy... he didn't get in till 2:00 this morning and then had to turn around and be at work at 6:30. He wasn't feeling really "with it" today. Hope he gets better rest tonight. He'll be working almost all weekend. We were able to spend some time with him tonight. We were going to go to school and work on arranging my room, but we never made it. Time spent with my family is more important right now.

We went to the new Walmart (in Garner for those of you who would know) and can't believe how huge that thing is. Had to buy a few birthday presents before we went to school... but never made it to school. lol

We were all a bit "ADD" today with our cleaning routine. We all had moments where we were in the middle of cleaning and became sidetracked by something we really wanted to do. lol
The kids began exploring outdoors before they were done. (We eventually got it all done....) Can you guess which one of my children started exploring outdoors first???? They found a caterpillar who was green.... and according to the child who was outside first it was stated that the color was "John Deere Green."

I decided it would be fun to photograph that little guy. They found him on a petunia bloom so that is where he stayed. Photographing a moving creature up close is not as easy as it seems. I took a zillion pics of him because he kept moving all over the bloom. What was interesting, though, was watching him EAT the bloom! If you saw all of my pictures right after the other one it would look like one of those flip books people used to draw to create a cartoon or something. It was the neatest thing to watch! His mandibles were moving quite rapidly. I could not get over how much of the petal was gone in a short period of time. Click on the photos to view them larger and see the details on it. Oh, the minute details that are such evidence that we have a Creator. Check out his spots... all different colors and shapes... as well as his "hairs." It makes me wonder what kind of butterfly (or moth!) he will eventually be. He ate enough today to be on his way, that is for sure! lol

I also decided to photograph my silly ones again this afternoon. I wanted some "serious" black and whites. They didn't always cooperate.... and I have a totally silly one to prove it, but I didn't show it today. Mikayla never does a serious face as well.. she either looks mad or sad. lol She did better today, though. I loved watching them be silly together even though it was driving me crazy at the same time trying to get the shots. I love the bond between them. Wesley has started calling Mikayla "M".... I have been pretty "picky" about her name and I don't like her having her name shortened. Well, when he calls her "M" it is the sweetest thing to me. I don't say a word.

Off to spend some time with Steve. Enjoy the day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kellie, they are SO grown up and beautiful! My Dad began calling Harrison "H" when he was little, and it is something Harrison guards fiercely. He will not let anyone else call him that, he says only Grandaddy can! Love, MCH

Sal Cartusciello said...

I really like those catapiller pictures. You may have lost Casey from the blog for a while. He's not good with bugs. :-)

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

The kids pics look like they were done in a studio. WOW! I love the amazing creativity of our Creator! the caterpillar's detail is something.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Kellie, Your photography skills are amazing! Love the ones of the children! ...and the "john Deere green catapillar"...LOL! I got a good laugh out of that one! You guys think in reference to colors as we do! LOL! JD Green, Massey Red, and Catapillar (equipment that is!) Yellow! Hope Steve is able to slow down and get some rest this week! Your guys take care! :)

Hugs, Rhonda

Gretchen said...

Precious children!

Amy said...

Oh my, I prefer the critter smaller! I did click both shots and you got some great focus and detail!

Beautiful photos of your cute kiddos! Allyson is so against anyone shortening her name to Ally, she tells them her name is Allyson. Her friends all try to shorten her name, but she'll have none of it. Her Sunday School teacher at our church calls her "Al" and as far as I know, she's the only one allowed to give her a nickname. I do call her "Ally Cat" occasionally, she likes that from me only. Anika, on the other hand, would love to have a nickname. She tells people they can call her Annie or Nikki, but I think since it isn't so obvious she is Anika. I was going to spell her name Annika, but dropped an 'n' because I didn't want anyone calling her 'Ann', I guess I should have done it and then she could be 'Annie'. :)