Saturday, July 12, 2008

07/12/08

These first pictures are of my two "men".... cutting grass together. Steve began teaching Wesley how to cut grass last week. What a joy to see my husband showing our son how to be a man. I must admit... when I first looked out last week and saw actual grass coming out from under Wesley's mower, my heart gave a bit of a leap. It only paused for a second, though, because it was like I was seeing the "rite of passage" right before my eyes. The first of many things that Steve will be teaching this little guy so that he can be a man that is hard-working, dependable and responsible. It made my Mommy Heart quite proud that he was out there with his Daddy. When Wesley came in last week from his first time mowing he was filthy, but there was the biggest smile on his face. He KNEW he had accomplished something major. He worked outside with Steve again today and I took these pictures. He cracked me up with the ear protection, hat and sunglasses... all of which are Steve's. He wants to be like his Daddy... and he will be a great man one day if he does just that.

My next pictures are of our "jewels"... forgive the fact that I rushed through these because of time. I should have used my tripod but we were going somewhere. I also am noticing how much I have handled them because they are already dirty!! Sorry for that...

The first ones are of my topaz. I got earrings, pendant and ring. I was amazed at the color differences even though they were all cut to be "Mystic Topaz"... they all have their individual beauty. My earrings are more turquoise, my pendant is more of a deep blue, and the ring is a lighter blue. I am amazed at the blues, greens, purples and pinks that I see coming through. I have to get used to my ring, though. It sits up high and I haven't ever had one like that before. I am usually a very "basic" sparkly kind of girl when it comes to my rings so this one is pretty "flashy" compared to most. lol I showed a couple of pictures of the ring to show the coloring depending on the light. The pendant is emerald cut, too, but the cut looks a little differently from my earrings and ring.

I didn't take any of Mikayla's earrings because they are still in her ears and I would have had issues getting them from her. lol Her pendant is at the bottom. It is an aquamarine and is actually a very, very pale blue. It is beautiful, though, and will be something for her to keep always. I may even have to wear it a time or two. lol

This week in my Bible reading I read a passage dealing with the beauty of Heaven and the jewels found there. Topaz was there in the list and it was neat to have more of a visual of what I will see one day. I decided to go to Revelation and look up the passage dealing with the new Heavens and the new Earth that is to come. Here is what it says about how beautiful Heaven will be:

Revelation 21:18-21
And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony (a microcrystalline quartz); the fourth, an emerald; the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolyte; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.
And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several (individual) gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

WOW.

I can only imagine what Heaven will be like. Think of how perfect it will be. This is a sin-cursed world, but our Creator has still given us many things for which we see His beauty and handiwork right now. It gives me a greater appreciation for what I now have in my jewelry box.


Tonight we went to get some ice cream and in a bit we're going to do some sparklers since we didn't get to do them on July Fourth. I am going to try to capture pictures of the kids having motion with them. I have seen many pics of that on other people's blogs and wanted to try it out myself. We'll see how it goes.

Have a great evening!

1 comment:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Those area couple of great pictures of Wesley. He sure has groen in our 10 months away. I'm sure he did a great job mowing the lawn. Maybe I'll have a job for him when we return. :-)