Monday, July 07, 2008

07/07/08

Yesterday I took some pics of the kids. They still amaze me at how much they are growing and changing. I had a "hankerin'" to photograph them again. Wesley wasn't in the mood but I got a few shots of him. Mikayla was all about it and enjoyed the "girl time" with me. She cracked me up.

Today we went with Daddy and Mom to Siler City again... to the Carolina Stockyards. We got to walk around and enjoy the cows then had another scrumptious cheeseburger. We have been thinking of getting the kids a bull calf to raise. We have lots to do and think about before we actually have one, but when I asked the kids about it today they were excited. I know it won't be any time soon, but I am glad they are tickled about it. That will be a big responsibility for them, but I want them to experience it. Daddy also said he would help show them what to do. I may have been raised on the farm, but since I was younger when we stopped farming there are a lot of things I seem to have forgotten, unfortunately.

Speaking of farming... in Wesley's room I am going to work on making a "tractor" wall with photographs of tractors. Here is our tractor that Daddy used to drive a lot. I have been playing around with pictures in PhotoShop so let me know which one you like. I tried to create a "mood" so to speak. Wesley likes the bottom one best. I will have to show pictures of all of the Farmall tractors I photographed the other day. There are a ton! lol Anyway, now I have to go through all of them to see which ones I want to print off for his room. I also need to think of something for Mikayla Girl's room...

Well, Steve is working late again tonight. Bummer...

Hopefully we'll get some more storms. The Lord was good and gave us some rain last night and I know He will continue to provide. The kids and I are going to eat supper then go for our walk. Have a great evening!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm with Wesley, that last one is pretty cool looking! My next favorite is the second one. :)

mc said...

I like the second one- love the black and white. What about your beautiful flower pictures and butterfly photos for Mikayla?! Love, MC