Tuesday, July 15, 2008

07/15/08

Here are more gerber daisies today. These are when my red gerber was just beginning to open up again. I was actually concerned that it had stopped producing blooms, but was pleasantly surprised one night when it began again. These are the "beginnings"... I love these. I think the second one is my most favorite.

OH... Kevin did help me identify the little bird from yesterday. It is a Northern Mockingbird. Now I know why "Mama Mockingbird" was angry with me! I wasn't near the baby at the time, but I guess she thought I was a bit too close. I've never seen a baby mockingbird up close so this was a neat experience for us all.

Did anyone catch the All-Star Baseball Home Run Show last night? I did only because Steve got home and turned it on. lol I am not up on the latest sporting events. However, I appreciate and admire Josh Hamilton. He has come back from choices he made that were not the best and turned his life around with the help of his Savior, Jesus Christ. What a witness he has been! I loved watching him "do his stuff" last night as well as show a bold witness and give thanks to the Lord for the abilities that he has. He knows that without the Lord he is nothing. HE is a sports role model I would not mind my children looking up to. I hate he didn't win the home run competition but the way the fans were reacting in Yankee Stadium last night, and the way he has allowed the Lord to turn his life around, he has already won.

A few weeks ago I was sent an email from an online friend to describe her in one word and then send that email out to see what people would say about me. One of my other friends told me I should put the "results" in my blog so I thought I'd do that today.

I was amazed at the different ways people "viewed" me and my personality. I asked Steve the same question but he hasn't come up with one yet. lol Not sure if that is good or bad! ha!! Anyway, here is the list of what people said:


Fun

Sweet

Loyal

Real
(explanation she gave was "real funny, real faithful, real spiritual" like that)

Determined

Talented

Dedicated

I appreciated each and every one of these thoughts. It is humbling to see how people view you. I want to follow Proverbs 22:1 - A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favor rather than silver and gold. I can only do that with the Lord's help!

Today was another beautiful day and we enjoyed our walk as a family tonight. Off to read to the kiddos. I already hear the "All-Star Game" on TV so you know I'll be seeing that after I read. he hee :) Have a terrific night!

2 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Sorry, I did never got around to sending that email back.

Josh Hamilton has come a LONG way. It has been great to hear him give his testimony on the air. It has also been nice that he has been allowed to share without TV people "shooing" him off.

Amy said...

What beautiful photos, I love the details you captured with such awesome focus! Did you use your tripod or are those handheld?

And how fun to see the words people used to describe you, I'd say they all fit perfectly!