Tuesday, July 08, 2008

07/08/08

My pictures from today are of a piano. This is a piano I have wanted to photograph for about a year now and I finally got the chance today. This is an old piano which has always been beautiful to me.

In the first picture you see edges that have been worn with use. I am sure many hands have touched this piano and brought it to life. For now, there is a family with four girls who love this piano and give it life. The edges only show character. I remember the day well when this piano was delivered. I have a picture of Mikayla around 2 years old sitting at this piano and smiling. I have finally had my chance to capture the essence of this beautiful instrument.

We were blessed to see our friends the Halls today. This is where I photographed the piano. They have been dear friends for years and, even though we don't get to see each other often, they are so special to our hearts and when we finally do see each other it is like we have never parted. I always find spiritual uplifting when we are there. There is a bond between us that is so special. It was a great day.

On the way home I was hearing a song on the radio that talks about "Make a Memory"... it is actually a favorite one of mine simply for the line that states the above. I want to take each day and see it as a way to make a memory. The memory may involve my family or only myself but I want to capture as much of what the Lord gives me each day.

During the summer I am able to absorb more of those memories and it brings me great joy. I love the slower pace of life and the time to sit back and soak in what I am seeing or learning from what is around me. Again, goes back to what I said the other night about "be still and know that I am God." Here are a few of my memories of my summer so far... they are in no particular order:

reading my Bible quietly

laughs


walks with my children/family


reading to my children


watching my children play


experiencing a view from a mountaintop that will take your breath away


being close to my husband


spending too much money at a gem place (HA!...)


giggles


reading


quietness


crickets


grasshoppers


rain falling slowly

the sound of thunder

tree frogs


time with friends


imaginations

going to the park


tractors


horses


bunnies


butterflies

cows

cheeseburgers

homemade ice cream

watching God's Creation work

My list could go on but these are some that have stood out to me so far. Making a memory... that is an important part of life.

I so enjoyed the memory I made today with our friends. I cherish all of my memories....

3 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful shots of the piano! I like your list, those are some great memories. My memory I'm making today is taking the girls roller skating to a retro 70-80's night!

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed making our memory with your family too!! You are all so dear to us and a huge part of our summer is now complete after having time with our friends! And I am thankful to be able to respond to you thru this means, now!! :) The pics of the piano turned out beautifully! :) Love you much! Kathryn

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Kellie, Beautiful post and the pictures are great! Love the character of the piano! That is what makes it so special! :) Your kids are just precious! Love the pics of them below and the fishing pics! My husband and I went up to Siler City, Memorial Weekend '07, for a friend's wedding! It was her and her husband's 2nd marriage, so they just had a very small ceremony. They rented a B&B way back in the woods, for the weekend! It was a quaint little place! It's a small world isn't it? LOL!

Thanks for inquiring about David! He is doing great! We had an appointment yesterday, and he didn't get a new cast. The X-rays look really good, so the doctor left it in the "contraption" he put it in after the surgery. We go back in 2 weeks and will get a new cast then. Thank you for your prayers! The doctor can't believe how it was broke and the little amount of pain he has had...and how well he has gotten along! But I attribute it to answered prayers! :)

Sorry for the long comment! LOL!
Hugs, Rhonda :)

PS...I love the tractor pics, too! My husband collects antique tractors! I can't wait to show him the pics you took! It would be a hard choice, which one to use! They are all great!