Thursday, July 17, 2008

07/17/08

I took these pictures at Yates Mill the other week. This log was so interesting and I figured why not photograph it, too! I used different settings but it is the same picture. One is metered for the water, the other is metered for the wood on the tree.





I am a bit better about Ashes today, I guess. I have still shed tears this morning and I didn't really sleep well last night. I kept waking up and she was the first thing that would come to my mind. It was a comfort to wake up to her beside me this morning.

The kids are already talking about another kitten. While I know we will... I am just not ready to talk about that a lot right now because I want to savor every moment with Ashes. I have "resigned" myself to the fact that she won't get better, but I won't let that stop me from enjoying her. I just don't know if I'll ever find another cat like her, though. She is one in a million.

Thank you for all of the comments about Ashes. With love sometimes comes pain, which I know is a part of life. I am thankful for the ability to love! I went out to lunch with some of the teachers from school and that helped me get my mind off of her sickness. Laughter is good medicine for the heart!

On a more pleasant thought...our weather this summer has actually been quite nice. We have had less humidity and lower temps than last summer. We were "cooked" last year this time. We are supposed to have a chance for rain every night for the next week. I'm thankful for that!

A lot of my online blogging friends have been making these wonderful "finds" at Thrift Stores with which to decorate their homes. Now, I really am clueless and NOT talented when it comes to decorating or seeing potential in things like that. Of course, maybe I've just never thought to do it, I don't know. All I do know is that they have inspired me to try to find some "treasures" that can be turned into something quite neat. I've always been working on thinking outside of the box with my photography so maybe it is time I do that with some decorating. Our wall behind our couch is in need of updating. The same picture has been there for almost 12 years. Now, while I love the picture, I feel that wall is yearning to do more than just hold one picture. It needs a bit more character to it. I'm learning through my friend's blogs that a can of black spray paint can do wonders. I may be seeing what I can find.... If I do get creative I'll share that with you all. :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I can't wait to see what decorating ideas you come up with! I'm extremely decorating-challenged, I just put stuff wherever whether it matches or not! I just decide by what I like, I wish I had a knack for it. :)