Wednesday, July 09, 2008

07/09/08

Forgive me if one of these daylily flowers has been shown on here before. I know I sent one or two out before we left for vacation and can't remember.... and I am not having enough time at the moment to go look! ha!! These are the same daylilies that were watered courtesy of "Wesley rain." :)

Today we went to school to do a few things and then met up with some friends at a local "Jump Zone"... one of those areas that has a lot of inflatable jumping thingies that kids love to jump on! lol The kids had a great time. I was glad they had a chance to play with friends today. (Thanks, again, Sherry!!)

Last night my best friend took me out for my birthday. She took me to Second Empire in downtown Raleigh. I was SO surprised. This restaurant is beyond words awesome. I went out on a limb and ordered something I have never had before... grilled salmon. I have had fried salmon cakes that Mom makes, and I have even tried to make them myself 15 years ago when Steve and I first got married. That is a long story for another post. Just know I haven't cooked any since!!! ha!!! I enjoyed that meal immensely. She made me feel like royalty. The chef even signed a menu for me to take home as a "souvenir." We then went to see a movie. It was a wonderful time with her. I will honestly say, though, that we could have gone to McDonald's and that would have made me just as happy. I was just thankful to spend time with her.

Speaking of where I live, for those of you that live around here near Raleigh, have you been following the news about chickens in people's yards in Sanford? It is apparently against the city law for people to have chickens in their yards. Now some people in Cary are wanting to have chickens but they have to go to the town board to see if they can have them. I am all about controlling how many animals there are in certain spots because some people have no idea what they are doing. I think back to the man who had like 100 goats and sheep in his yard in downtown Apex last year. The man had them in and out of his house and wasn't taking care of the animals. Now THAT is something that needed to be controlled. However, a CHICKEN, people... I don't see the problem with a few chickens. They are smaller than dogs and they don't make as much fuss as some of our neighbors dogs. lol It just kind of hit me wrong that people have to ask for so much because the cities are so afraid someone is going to become offended or something. We had many problems arise when we didn't farm anymore because people wanted to change everything around where we lived. (I won't get on my soap box about THAT tonight....) If you wanted to start a pig farm on your one acre of land in the middle of the city... OK... I can see a problem there. Not with a few chickens. Let the people have their chickens!!!! (You know I am saying all of this because we want a bull.... we aren't in the city limits, but still.)

Well, a storm is coming so I better get off of here. We went for a quick walk since there were storms brewing. I pray we get a lot of rain! Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Amy said...

These day lilies are just beautiful! Sounds like a fabulous evening with your friend!