Saturday, December 31, 2005

A look back

Looking back on 2005 I can honestly say it has been a good year for growing and trusting in the Lord. We started out the year without a "care" in the world and I end up finding I cherish every moment so much more. The year has been a bit of a whirlwind and I can't believe it is already over.

As we all know, Mom's sickness was the main thought of the year. It was a life changing experience for us all. How can people go through something like that and NOT see life differently? I thank the Lord He was with us through every second, minute, hour, day, week and month of this year. I could not have made it through all we have faced without Him. He is the giver of strength and healing. My family is so important to me. I am thankful God has blessed us with my Mom.

What a blessing my children have been this year. On top of all the changes this year my babies started school. While it has been a blessing to know Wesley and Mikayla are healthy and are able to go, it still brings sadness to me when I think of how quickly the years will pass now. They are so precious to me and I cherish my sweet moments with them so much. School has also been a growing experience for all of us. Yes, my children are learning but I am as well. I am learning what it means to be a parent in a different sense and also how to let go and let GOD take care of them with things I can't do. He made them so He knows how to help them with things that I find difficult to explain or teach them.

Yet again, I am so thankful for my husband. He has been such a blessing to me this year and I am so grateful to him for all he has done for me. He has always been there, but I do find that my love for him has grown SO much this year. We have learned a lot about life together this year and it has been a precious time for our marriage. I cherish the times I have with him, too, because they are not often between life and the kids.

We are planning on having a "festive" time with just the four of us tonight. Because of the sickness of the week our plans for tonight had to change, but we are making the best of it. I am thankful to be spending the New Year with my sweet family. We are going to watch movies, have a picnic in the den and eat Milk Duds and toast 2006 in with Sparkling grape juice. We'll do that with the kids before they go to bed and then Steve and I will watch a couple of movies and toast in the new year when it really comes in. :o)

I pray 2006 will be a great year. Knowing God is with us each day will make it a great year no matter what comes our way. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. Make that something you think on each day of the new year. God bless you all!

No comments: