Thursday, January 05, 2006

Need an 'attitude' adjustment

OK...yes, I will admit it right away...I am having an attitude problem. I had to go back to work yesterday, and although I love what I do, I was not in the mood to be there and am still fighting that one. Reality stinks sometimes, doesn't it? Today was much better but I'm still asking the Lord to give me a better attitude. It seems I became spoiled being able to stay home, relax, and be with my babies.

I hate to say it, but I envy Moms who can stay home with their children. It is exhausting just working, but then you add kids, homework, household things, hobbies, etc.. on top of that and you are just downright tired. Since I can "do" both...meaning I have off some weeks in the summer between classes, I find that I am so much less stressed when I can stay at home. It doesn't mean I don't have anything to do, but the things I have to do are done over the entire day and not just crammed into a few hours after work. Some days I truly do feel I will go crazy if I can't just stop and "smell the roses." Why is life so hectic, anyway? The thing is, I have purposely NOT made our lives as hectic as I know some people's are. Maybe it is because I am a super homebody who loves home so much that I desire that more than anything.

Can you tell why I need an attitude adjustment??? I truly do love what I do, but some days I wonder if it is worth it when all you feel is stress. BUT...I have no choice so I might as well get past this and move on. I know God uses times like these to teach us patience and contentment.

I think I am going to close for now. Hopefully tomorrow my attitude will be back to normal and I'll be able to think happy thoughts all day long!! Ha! Some days I wonder if it is just me feeling this way. I just need to think on the simple things in life and be thankful for what God has given me. Please excuse the "whine"..... :o)

No comments: