Friday, December 02, 2005

When I least expected it...

It is so amazing to me how the Lord works. I have seen Him do so much this year but yet He always finds ways to show us He is in control and knows our needs before we do. Tonight I was working on the checkbook and paying bills. When I tried to balance it they statement said I had more money than I was showing. Well, after going back through everything I found that I miscalculated and had extra money that I didn't know I had!! That was SUCH a blessing, too, because I have so much to have to do right now with Christmas and all. I thanked the Lord for knowing I would need that extra money even before I knew it. He is so good.

Tonight Wesley, Mikayla and myself went to McDonald's for supper because it was late after I finished with the bills and such and I surely didn't feel like cooking. :o) I thought it would be neat to go through some subdivisions and see some Christmas lights on our way home. We found out too quickly that a lot of people haven't put them up yet but at least we tried. Steve had to work late tonight and I just wanted the kids to have something fun.

When we got home I went to help them get ready for bed and found that Wes had put away his own clothes today that I had washed. That was the first time he has ever done that. All I told him was to clean his room but I didn't think he'd take that initiative to get those put up on his own yet. I was SO proud of him and he was just beaming when I told him I was proud of him. He is so much more "retentive" than Mikayla in getting his room clean. I know he is going to be meticulous the older he gets. He is already a lot like that now.

Mikayla was cracking me up this afternoon. She was "cleaning" the office and playing all at the same time. Yes, you guessed it, not much cleaning going on. :O) She was talking on her Barbie Cell phone and talking to her "pretend" husband who said she had been lying to him so she needed to get a credit card. Where she got THAT I have no clue. She was too cute, though, because she would say bye in the same way Steve and I do.... "I love you, Ok...Bye" Makes us realize how much they are watching and listening. She also took a picture of me with her cell phone!! I didn't even realize she knew they could do that! She was cracking me up!

Mikayla had a bad start to her day today so the way it ended up was much better. She woke up with a red eye again. Everyone at school thought she had pink eye but I assured them she always gets this when she has a cold. By the end of the day it was pretty much gone. Pink eye wouldn't have gotten better on its own. Well, on her way into school she fell and skinned her knee, then forgot her folder and lost her little Wisdom bracelet she got as her award this week!! All of this before 7:30!!! I felt so badly for her. Thankfully, her day went smoother and overall it was OK.

The picture is an ornament on our tree. I think it was a gift from a student years ago. I always try to remember who has given me ornaments through the years but some I forget unless I write it on there. I have many from my grandmother and then from places we visit. It is always something that brings back sweet memories for me. I plan on sitting down and drinking some hot chocolate tonight in front of the fire I am TRYING to get going tonight while looking at my Christmas tree. I want to soak up all the lights and special moments of Christmas. It goes too fast as it is.

I will say that Wesley and Mikayla are cracking me up about Santa this year. We believe in Santa at this house, but we don't pour it down our children's throats. He is a fun part of Christmas but we want them to understand that Christ is the real reason we celebrate. Anyway, this year they are really getting into understanding Santa. They keep trying to figure out how he is going to come down our chimney! Mikayla told Wesley tonight "Oh, he just gets really skinny and tiny and comes down!" Other times they have asked how he wouldn't get stuck because he is so big. I am loving this age. Do you think I could freeze time? Nah, I guess not. It surely is precious, though.

I am off to soak up the lights of our tree. Enjoy your day/evening everyone! May God surprise you with a blessing today!

No comments: