Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas anticipation

Christmas Eve is here again. The ornament I chose for today is one from my childhood. This is probably one of my most favorite. I realize the Wisemen didn't come till Jesus was around 2 years of age, but it still reminds me of their searching for the true Savior. There are many people today who are searching for the truth and I am thankful I have the answer. Jesus is the Savior of the world. He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords and I am so thankful to be celebrating Him on this special night.

We have had a busy few days. Daddy's birthday was the 22nd and we went out to eat and then he opened presents. We didn't get to go out where we normally do, but that was alright. I have learned a lot of things haven't been like normal since Mom's sickness. We are just glad to be together.

Last night we went over to our friend's house and had supper then went to a town a little ways from here that has a light show. We got to ride a little train and go to a country store. Wesley found a tin John Deere sign and we found Mikayla one that had a teddy bear on it. They were tickled. We enjoy our tradition we have with our friends. It was a really fun night. My friend gave me a John Deere purse. It is black with fringe and has 5 little John Deere tractors on the front. One of my other friends had given me the wallet that matches before I even got the purse! It was quite funny how that all worked out. I was rather tickled with it. I already began using it today.

Today we went to Steve's Moms to celebrate Christmas. It was a good time. I played Yahtzee with my nephews and sister in law. I had never played that before so it was an adventure, but it was a lot of fun!! The kids enjoyed playing outside. It was a nice day...not really cold but not hot. We had a fun time of opening presents. The adults had a fun time trying to get the toys out of the boxes! I hate those twist tie thingies.

When we got home we made reindeer food. We made it with oatmeal, cinnamon and glitter. Wesley and Mikayla then spread it out around the yard near our reindeer so that Santa's reindeer will have some food when he comes tonight.

We then went to my Aunt's house for Christmas Eve supper and had fun talking and laughing with everyone. Before we knew it, it was time to leave so we could get ready for Christmas Day. We went up to Mom and Dad's and the kids got to open one gift as our tradition. Steve and I gave Wesley and Mikayla each a Bible. This will be their first "real" Bible that they have gotten so they can take it to church. I realize they don't understand the importance of it as much now, but they will soon learn that God's Word is what will get them through many things in life. It truly was a special present for them.

We are now getting ready for Santa. We have made it very clear to the kids that JESUS is the reason we celebrate Christmas, but we also allow Santa to be a fun part. They are so excited this year. They have been trying to figure him out and how he gets in, what he sees and what he does. This is part of the magic of childhood. I remember it so well and want my children to know that same innocence. Santa still comes to visit me. :O) I will go in and take pictures of them sleeping in a few minutes. I love watching them sleep with anticipation on their faces.

This last picture is one I was thinking of using for our Christmas cards this year. I love this picture. I took it with natural light and love how it brought out their faces. They are something else. I cherish every moment with them and tomorrow will be no different.

May each of you have a blessed Christmas night. I thank God for the chance to celebrate His Son's birth. It is something we should celebrate every day. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: