Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Party, Imax and Lights

What a fun day this has been. I must say it has been busy in some ways, but great.

Wesley and Mikayla had their Christmas party at school today. Steve was able to come eat lunch with them and I was able to go to it and stay for just about the entire time. That felt good because I normally have to pop in and out so much. They sang "Happy Birthday Jesus" and had a cake after they ate lunch. It was cute. I will have my party tomorrow with my class. I was glad I didn't have mine on the same day as theirs.

After the party, Steve told me he was taking the rest of the day off and I had an idea. I am normally NOT spontaneous but today I felt the need. Wesley and Mikayla seem to never get to do different things like other kids because I have to stay at school later and they have to stay with me. Today I could leave "early" and I thought it would be neat to go see The Polar Express at the Imax theater. Steve thought it was a good idea (better than chopping wood like he was going to do) and we found our way there. We had to wait a little bit but it was worth it. We had to wear 3-D glasses and it was hilarious with Wesley and Mikayla. We had seen this movie last year in the regular movie theater when it came out, but WOW was it awesome today. I just loved watching the kids reactions to it. (I also enjoyed Steve's reactions, too!) When we left the kids were pretty tickled that we were able to do that and it gave me another memory to cherish. For some reason, this year I am getting weepy over everything we do together and today was no exception. Here we are walking down the sidewalk in downtown and I am tearing up as I am holding Mikayla's hands and thinking of the smiles on their faces. I cherish those moments...I truly do. The picture here is of them before the movie started with those 3-D glasses on. I guess Mikayla thought it was so dark in there I couldn't see her eyes closed behind those glasses when I took the picture. I think that picture is priceless. :o)

When we got out of the movie, we decided to go grab something to eat so we went to Wesley's favorite restaurant before heading home to change into our pajamas and go look at the Christmas lights. There is a Christmas light show you can drive through near downtown and Steve had a free pass so we went. I was glad it was free because I wouldn't have wanted to spend money to see it but the kids love it. It is something special for them. They were sad when it was over.

Let's just say it has been a long and FUN filled day and now I am ready to go crawl on the couch in front of the fireplace. I have a lot of good memories tucked away for today. I cherish everyone and am so thankful I could spend that time with my family!

No comments: