Friday, December 30, 2005

Every cloud has a silver lining


That is how I am having to see the sickness thing this week. I can honestly look back and say that we have had more of a restful time because we have had to. That is what I have needed more than anything else. Of course, I didn't plan on doing a lot this week simply because I wanted to get some scrapbooking done, but this MADE me stay home. Steve thought I would be going crazy when he got home today and be ready to go out. I have kind of enjoyed just being HOME. No, I haven't enjoyed the sickness, but other than that, it has been nice.

The kids and I had fun today. Wesley was still recovering from yesterday so I wasn't about to do anything big. We hung around the first part of the morning and then I did a few things around the house before scrapbooking again. I encouraged Mikayla to "join" me and make her own "scrapbook" out of her paper and things and pretty soon, Wesley joined us. They punched out shapes and created pictures for Steve and me. We sang songs and acted silly (actually, it was mainly ME doing that and them laughing at me...) and I put on a couple of their Disney CD's and sang to them, too. Later I let them watch Beauty and the Beast since I realized they had never seen that before and then I put on one of my favorite CD's....The Best of John Denver. :o) I pretty much scrapbooked all day long and have gotten quite a bit accomplished. Compared to this time last week I have done some work on them! I still have all of that journaling to do and haven't touched the kids albums yet, but I have had a lot to catch up on.

Tonight I told Mikayla and Wesley we would have to throw away their toothbrushes (they just got from Santa) because we have had all of those virus germs floating around and they were highly exposed! Well, Mikayla shocked me because she reacted in a way I didn't expect....she cried. Little did I realize that the little toothbrush I had picked up as a stocking stuffer from Santa would become so prized. She didn't want it to go away...she just KNOWS the elves made that just for her and how can I respond to that?? It broke my heart!! I am going to have to buy some on the sly and replace them without her knowing about it. HOW I'm going to do that, I don't know, seeing as they are always with me...but I'll figure out a way.

She also cried tonight because her tummy "hurts" a little and I know she is still scared she is going to get that virus. I just prayed over her tonight and when I opened my eyes there were these big crocodile tears in her eyes. I asked her why she was crying and she said "I don't know!" So typical of a "woman"!!!! I told her that was OK because I always cry for no reason, too. I have been wondering the last couple of days if she has been having "twin pain" for Wesley. I honestly don't know what they feel together and separate. It would make sense to me that she is feeling some emotion WITH him, too....but Wesley being the boy doesn't FEEL it as intensly as my little girl.

Speaking of Wesley...I can tell he is feeling more like himself tonight. He is getting goofy again and I am glad...it means my little boy is feeling better. :o)

Well, supper has arrived. Today is the first day since Monday that I have eaten normal food and I am ready. I plan on finishing up a couple of things with scrapping before I enjoy some quiet time with Steve.....maybe we'll watch another James Bond movie. ha!!

No comments: