Saturday, December 17, 2005

Santa and Baking

I forgot to mention that we went to see Santa this past Tuesday night. We figured a night during the week would be better than the weekend. Plus, Steve has been working every weekend so we really haven't seen him or had time to do Christmasy things as a family. It was fun getting to see Santa and Wesley and Mikayla really told him this year what they wanted. In the past they have been too shy. We also met up with one of our friends and her two daughters, one of which is Mikayla's best buddy. We ate supper together and just had a fun time. Mikayla wants a " 'mericangirl doll" and Wesley wants a combine. They are too funny when they talk about them.

Today was a day of baking! My brother came down and we worked on things for some of our friends and for the parents (or should I say BLESSED people!) at school that help me out. My brother always gets a chuckle out of me when I cook...and even more when I bake. I seem to always do SOMETHING funny. Of course, today HE did a funny thing when he dropped one of the things we were working on. It was quite humorous. :o) Mikayla girl also helped me out and loved it. (Her favorite person to watch on TV is Rachel Ray...and I am so not into that. ha!!) Here is a picture of me with all my finished products. The different colored things are jam cookies and the little loafs of bread are buttermilk bread. They turned out so cute! My brother and I really had a good time of baking together. I enjoy when we do stuff like that....but I must admit baking is not my MOST favorite thing to do. hee hee

I also cleaned the house this morning. Let's just say it was in desperate need of it!! I felt somewhat better after some of the "stuff" was up and my bathrooms were clean once again. Some days I just want to throw most things out of the house and just have the minimal. A lot of things that drive me nuts are the kids toys but I know they are only little once and one day I'll miss them under my feet. I had to take many of their toys away from them today, though, because they weren't listening when I said to clean up. I finally went around with shopping bags and filled them full of toys! They now have to earn them back.

I found out some very sad news today. Miss Pearl, the one who used to keep Wesley and Mikayla, had another stroke and is now on a feeding tube and in a nursing home. My heart has been breaking over that all day. I have had moments of tears. She has been a part of our family since she came to live with my Dad at HIS home when he was around 4 or so years old. She was a little older than Daddy. She used to come over and do things with Mom when I was growing up and then she kept MY babies for 5 years. We are not sure if she will ever be right after all of this. We are not even sure at this point if she will remember Wesley and Mikayla because she was asking my Daddy how someone was doing the other day and that person had been dead for a long time. It just breaks my heart because Wesley and Mikayla haven't seen her since May. Thankfully, they have talked to her a few times on the phone, but it isn't the same. I was planning on taking them this week to see her when we got out of school. I am not sure if I'll be able to do that now. On top of that, her Christmas card I sent with Wesley and Mikayla's Christmas picture in it was sent back to me because I apparently put the wrong zip code. I know she is in the Lord's hands right now, just like Mom was, but it still puts sadness in my heart tonight. I truly pray that she will be able to come out of this...I just don't know.

Well, I must go finish up with the baked goods. Cherish every moment...especially these special moments at CHRISTMAS.

No comments: