Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Whew!

Did you miss me? Goodness...has it been hectic around here!

The picture today is of my Christmas tree light one of my parents made for me last year. It is made out of beads and gold safety pins with a string of lights on the inside. It is one of my favorite things I put in my kitchen. It took her a lot of time so I really cherish it and think of them whenever I see it.

I'm ready for this week to be over with. I need a break. Work has been wild and I have been getting ready for our play which puts a strain on getting everything done during the day. I am glad to do it, but I must say I will be happy when we can calm down a bit. The practice went great today and I was so thankful. Tomorrow is the real thing.

Wesley woke up sick last night. He has a HORRIBLE cold and it caused him to not sleep well. He hasn't run a fever...just feels badly. I hope he gets better rest tonight. I, too, am dealing with a cold as well as Mikayla. It is just that time of year.

My brother and I went to see Narnia the other day. OH MY GOODNESS....an AWESOME movie. I loved it. It is a true picture of Christ and how He laid down His life to save ours. All we have to do is realize we are sinners and need HIM to save us. It is nothing we can do on our own! He paid the price when He shed His blood on Calvary. I recommend Narnia to ANYONE. It truly was awesome and I'd love to see it again.

We also went that night to see A Christmas Carol which is put on by one of our local production groups. They have been doing it for 31 years and it is so funny and they do such a wonderful job. This year was no different. It is a fun tradition that we have with Mom and Dad and all of us.

Well, I am going to close for now. Steve made me some hot chocolate and I'm going to go sit by the fire and enjoy it. I am so thankful for the fire...I am thankful for the warmth. There are many people who don't have that tonight. Lord, please be with those people and keep them warm and safe.

Have a great evening everyone! MERRY CHRISTMAS! (I'm going to shout that from the rooftops....We can't take CHRIST out of CHRISTMAS!)

No comments: