Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Sick

Ugh...I have had the stomach bug. I got it Monday evening and I stayed in bed all day yesterday. It was not pleasant. My brother and cousin also had it so we must have picked it up from family during Christmas celebrations. I felt horrible, but I must say it made me think of Mom and the pain she went through. Mine was nothing like hers and I know how I felt, so I can't imagine how she went through all of that pain. I've been praying she doesn't get this stuff.

It was hard being away from the kids. I didn't want to get too close to them so they wouldn't get it. Mikayla was so sweet...when Steve took them with him on an errand yesterday (he stayed home from work because I was no good...) she asked him if they could get me some flowers. They are in the picture. How sweet is that? I tell you...I know she is my child, but that is one sweet little girl. They truly brightened my day.

I slept well last night but wasn't feeling up to par today. I just took it easy and didn't rush around to do anything. I did get a chance to scrapbook...I figured that would not be something that would exert a lot of physical energy. The kids played for most of the day either inside or out and seemed to have a good time. I just didn't want to get too close to them just yet. I have missed being able to cuddle with them and give them hugs and kisses.

We finished getting the Christmas decorations down tonight seeing as I started feeling badly right when we were starting to take them down. It is rather sad. On to regular life again. I will miss everything being lit up and festive.

Well, off to chill on the couch again. We are watching a movie and relaxing.

No comments: