Friday, December 09, 2005

A rewarding night

This is one of the few Christmas ornaments Steve and I got when we were first married. We hardly had any our first Christmas together so we went down to the local Eckerd Drug and bought some. They aren't the most fabulous in the world, but they are some of the sweetest to me. I can't believe that has been 12 years ago. Most of the others we bought that year are long gone but these will always remain as long as I can keep them.

Well, this Friday was pretty eventful! Things at work were very non-normal and the day ended up the way it began. The best part of the day, though, is that Wesley and Mikayla BOTH did great on their work today!! Their teacher told me they had a "game" with cards with words on them and they could keep the words they got right. Well, both of them got to keep all of the cards they were shown. Their teacher was quite proud of how well they had done today. Wesley had also focused so much better and did a great job on his work. I was so proud of them that I knew we had to do something special because both of them would have earned a sticker tonight for their chart at home which would earn them a treat. I figured our treat would be a big one since Steve couldn't be at home with us tonight...I wanted to make it special. I stopped by McD's on the way home and then we took baths and got ready for bed so we could watch The Incredibles while eating our fun supper in the middle of the floor. I then let them have some chocolate and also some hot chocolate while we sat in front of the fireplace. (and...yes, I actually got a fire started in the fireplace after MUCH work and LOTS of pieces of fire logs....) The kids really had a fun night and I enjoyed it too. My house didn't get cleaned and I have dishes in the sink, but do you think I care right now? No....I really don't. I'll get to that later.....maybe tomorrow....maybe. hee hee

I have to go work on doing some ornaments for my students. I figure since Steve isn't here I would have plenty of time to get them done. Have I said before I don't like it when Steve has to work late? I just miss him. Yes, here I am whining again, huh? :o) Actually, I have the easiest "problem"....Steve is outside in this 20 degree weather watching over a soccer tournament and having to pick up trash after it is over. I get to stay in our warm house and "chill" out. He is such a hard worker. I appreciate that about him so much.

I guess those ornaments aren't getting done with me sitting here typing, huh? I still haven't wrapped one Christmas present, either....that will get done eventually, too. There is much to do before I can get all of that done, though. First things first.... Maybe I'll go eat a little bit of chocolate pie before I start my hard work on my ornaments...you know, to give me the ENERGY I need. Yeah, I think that is what I'll do. Have a super evening/day everyone. Enjoy the beautiful CHRISTMAS time!!!!!!!!

No comments: