Friday, December 31, 2010

12/31/10

I am reflecting today.... in pictures and in words.

I cannot believe it is the last day of 2010.

This year has gone by quickly, yet has been filled with much!

First of all, I must love going out of 2010 with a bang because yesterday, early, early morning I went to the ER and through tests had emergency surgery to have my appendix removed! Thankful for how the Lord helps us to know when things just aren't right. :) On the mend, now, but can't do much. Going to be laying low on this New Year's Eve.

I can honestly look back on this year and see so much growth in myself in many ways.

I see growth in the Lord. That is what I reflect most upon at the end of each year.

I grew in understanding His grace, love and mercy in ways this year I had never thought possible. It became more real to me through different life circumstances and I am so thankful HE is always there and loves me unconditionally.

I see a marriage that became stronger.

Through adversity comes a closeness or can drive others apart. Through our tough times this year Steve and I drew so much closer... and we were already pretty close, I thought! He truly is my best friend and I am so blessed to have him. I love him dearly.

I see Wesley and Mikayla grow so much in so many ways - physically, mentally, spiritually.

Wow, this year has been one of maturing for the kiddos. I still can't believe they hit the "decade" mark. They have been learning the value of hard work in different ways, learning how to be more thankful for what they do have, learning how to love the Lord and see Him as their Heavenly Father.

I see how our parenting has changed to fit where they are in their lives now.

Our desire is to help Wesley and Mikayla see how much they need the Lord every day. Yes, there are still times when discipline occurs just because there were those consequences, but learning the lesson behind it and why GOD wants something different from them is where we are now concentrating. What a blessing to have our Heavenly Father guiding us as we lead our children into a closer relationship with Him. I know it isn't a perfect parenting, because we aren't perfect, but He is there helping each step of the way.

I see dear friends and family who have been there through this year.

We are so blessed with many friends and family who have walked with us through different paths of our year. I, for one, know of two very special friends who have walked quite closely to me in some areas of life and I am so blessed to have them. There is nothing like a true friend. I love them dearly.

Finally, I see the new year approaching and I want to give you something to reflect upon. Start off the New Year with this thought I read from a Francine Rivers book about Caleb from the Bible. (He is the one who went into the Promised Land with Joshua.) It was Caleb's prayer as the Children of Israel were about to enter the Promised Land after their 40 years of wandering in the wilderness.

Lord, don't let us become complacent. Don't let us become so used to miracles that we fail to recognize and give thanks and praise for what You do for us. Sometimes, You are so vast. Your ways so incomprehensible, that we fail to see You at all.

And You are here.

You are over us and behind us. You go before us and are our rear guard.

You breathe life into us.

Let us not forget that we are but dust without You, only chaff to be blown away by the lightest breeze that may come against us.

Thank you for reading my blog for another year. :)

Happy New Year, everyone! I pray that 2011 will bring much blessings to you from the Lord.

4 comments:

Vonda said...

I hope you are feeling better very soon. Did you see good Dr. Johnson in the ER?

wendy said...

So is having emergency surgery your way of getting out of going back to school? (kiddding.) We start Monday and I'm already mourning the fact that it's starting back up again. Glad to hear that you got your appendix removed before it became worse. Happy New Year!

Sandy said...

This was an awesome post & such an encouragement to look beyond circumstances, remembering Who we depend on & Who we want to please most.

Gretchen said...

Oh FRIEND! I am so sorry about your emergency surgery! I hope you are on the mend... enjoy a little down time, mkay? Praying for a quick recovery.

I counted you as one of my 2010 blessings!