Wednesday, December 08, 2010

12/08/10

I am posting these ornaments today because they are Wesley and Mikayla's newest "non-Hallmark" ornaments. In honor of their Christmas concert today, I thought it would be great for everyone to see them.

Mikayla played the viola and Wesley played the trombone for the first time in front of an audience today. (Wesley loves the trumpet, but in band this year they have to get a feel for the trumpet, trombone, flute and clarinet for each of the nine weeks.... that is why he is on trombone now.)

They all did a wonderful job and it was so exciting to watch (and hear!) them perform.

The band is always quite fun to hear with all of the squeaks and tweets, but even those didn't seem as much this year! (Maybe it is because I was partial to one of the players!)

It is so exciting to see what they learn. I am quite proud of them!

I don't have that musical gift, but at least I can now carry a tune better than I used to.... at least, since I am director of our 2nd grade play, I SHOULD carry a tune! :) Some people who hear me sing with my kiddos may differ with that.... :)

1 comment:

Sandy M. said...

Love those ornaments! I've loved music all my life & miss being involved in it. Fostering a love for music in your kiddos is a great thing.
Got your card today & loved the picture of the kids! I showed it to Steve & had him try to guess whose kids they were. But since he barely saw them when you were here, he couldn't guess it.
Still hoping to see your new pup before he/she gets all grown....