Monday, December 06, 2010

12/06/10

Here is the latest Fisher Price Hallmark ornament. That schoolhouse is so stinkin' cute. Of course I had to get it. The little bell actually rings!

More randomness today!

We used the last of some 16 or 17 year old Christmas wrapping paper last night. Yes... we have had the paper for that long. You see, I bought a lot of it and then it went on forever.... and then I got more because I was apparently a hoarder of Christmas papers. We don't have a TON of presents to wrap and so we have plenty left over each year, and VOILA.... you have years upon years of papers that need to be used. I even bought some new ones this year.. but it was really because I didn't want to use my who- knows- how -old -paper on people. Of course, my immediate family gets the old stuff. Aren't they excited.

I shopped tonight at Walmart for some of the baking supplies for mine and Kevin's annual Christmas bake off this weekend.

I couldn't push the cart it was so heavy.

I was trying to talk to Kevin on the phone to get help on what I needed in the recipes because all of the recipes and my list was on my desk at school. THAT was smart.

I had a hard time pushing that heavy cart while talking to Kevin. I am sure the guy who watches the videos of Walmart was enjoying THAT.

I finally got to the check out only to find that the gift card I wanted to purchase for someone was not working in the machine and wouldn't load the money. I know the guy behind me wanted to scream.

Shoot... I wanted to scream. But.. I didn't. I just smiled.

I then went and bought 5,674,308 stamps for all of those Christmas cards I need to mail. I was able to get the gift card working at that register.

It is bitter cold for December in NC.

I am enjoying it, but I did learn today on the playground that I DID NOT have on enough clothing and tomorrow will have to be different.

Do you have any random thoughts today????

2 comments:

Sandy M. said...

Love the ornament...

Christmas cards? Is it time for that?

Worn out today from a too-busy weekend! But part of it was a baby shower yesterday for a sweet friend who just adopted their first baby.

Had trouble staying outside long enough in this cold to help Steve hang the wreaths in the windows (my idea & we haven't done it for 10 yrs.)

wendy said...

Well, we got the 900 lights on the tree and that was it last night. Perhaps tonight the rest of the thing will get decorated. Oh, and in preparation for my cookie exchange coming up on Sunday afternoon, I've washed all the glass stuff up on top of the cabinets. Like the stuff on top of the cabinets is really going to matter. . .