Monday, December 13, 2010

12/13/10


This beautiful Christmas tree was a gift to me many years ago. I have had many gifts over the years.... some were homemade that didn't quite make it the whole way home. Others made it home but over time were not able to last. This one is different.

My friend (who at the time I didn't really know) told me that she would lovingly make me one of those lighted Christmas trees if I would just have her son in my class the next year. Well, lo and behold, it worked out that I taught her son and she made this for me. It is made out of wire, beads and safety pins with a string of lights inside. It is one of my all time favorite decorations and it means a lot that it was handmade.

Unfortunately, this year my lights inside decided to die on me right after I took the above picture. I haven't had a chance to replace the lights yet and haven't been able to enjoy the beauty. (Kim, I need ya, girl..... I have lights but not sure if they are right!)

Have you ever received a homemade gift like this that always brings a memory?

No comments: