Thursday, December 30, 2010

12/30/10


You may wonder why I have photographed bullets for a 22 rifle.

It is because Wesley got a 22 rifle for Christmas. He is following in his daddy's footsteps of wanting to hunt. Steve sold his 22 rifle to buy my engagement ring. Now he can have the fun of having one again... sortof. lol

Steve is teaching Wes how to load the bullets.

Now Wes is trying.

Shooting practice at the barn.

Wesley got used to loading the bullets pretty quickly!

He did well hitting the target. Steve shot a few of these, but most of them are Wes'.

Shooting at the homemade target. :)


Will I say that having a gun around makes me a bit nervous?

Well, yes, if I were completely honest I guess I would.

However, I know that Wesley is being taught very well how to handle the gun and himself with the gun to be safe. The rest of the worry is where I just put all of that in the Lord's hands. Wesley is so excited and I am excited for him, too. :)

1 comment:

Vonda said...

Good for Wesley! Mike is an avid hunter/shooter. He is a member of a gun club and is supposed to take Hannah and I out for some shooting lessons this spring. I actually own a 22 myself, but it has been a long time since I've shot it!