Tuesday, December 21, 2010

12/21/10

First of all... let me show you a cake that one of my parents made for our class Christmas party. This thing was TOO PRETTY to eat, although we devoured all of it. Thankfully, I was able to photograph it really quickly before the parents cut into it!

Her detail was amazing and so was the taste of that cake!

Here are some pictures of our baking weekend. It still tires me to think of all we did!

Steve was helping me make spiced nuts.

Mom and Kevin helped me make, well... a lot of different things. We were all over that kitchen!

Mom was beating egg whites for the Chocolate Jam Gems and I caught her! It is always fun when I can get her like this because we see this often. She told me to delete this picture. Just don't tell her I put it on the blog for everyone to see.

Daddy even got in on the helping. He was cutting up olives for the Green Olive/Mascarpone Dip. OH. MY. WORD. Tasty just isn't enough of a word to describe its goodness.

Old "Betsy" was whirring away for many different things.

Mini Cranberry Bread loaves

Those spiced nuts Steve made as they were cooling before bagging.

Date-Nut Tassies... we also made Orange-Walnut Tassies
On the menu for the baking weekend was also some Red Pepper Dip and Sausage Apple Balls. Wow... those sausage balls were GOOD!

I may have forgotten something we baked, but you got the tour of most of the items. It made me happy to bring joy to others through food. :)

2 comments:

Vonda said...

Wow! Y'all had quite and operation going! Everything sounds delicious!

Sandy said...

Next time call me & I'll "volunteer" to be your taste-tester... It all looks yummy!
How about a couple of recipes? Like for the green olive/mascarpone dip, chocolate jam gems, spiced nuts, red pepper dip, any tassies... (I don't do sausage)