Thursday, July 01, 2010

07/01/10

Now on to the dining room makeover! :)

Before
I loved the green color on the walls when we first painted... and still did before we began this process. However, as I began to think of all the changes we had made I felt the dining room needed a different hue as well. I wanted to go with red, but that would have caused our already small dining room to become smaller! I decided instead to stick with green but lighten it up!


After
Paris Mint... and I LOVE it. I couldn't get over how much bigger the dining room appeared!

Before


After
New window treatments really helped to enlarge the room, too.
My curio with my collectible dolls that had been in Mikayla's room now fit beautifully in the corner of the dining room. Plus, they are now able to be displayed and seen. :)


Before


After



I found a lot of new wall hangings for cheap.... and I DO LOVE that fact of not paying a lot for something. These are the plates I just found on Monday. They were cheap in price and oh so nice.... lol :)


4 comments:

Gretchen said...

LOVE those plates! The color is so soothing, too!

Anonymous said...

It is really amazing whata new coat of paint and a few new pieces can do for a room. I love the new color also. Love!

Morgan said...

Nice work, Kellie! I love green and that new shade is gorgeous!

Amy said...

Beautiful new shade of green, love how it all turned out! How are Mikaela's piano lessons going?