Monday, July 26, 2010

07/26/10


This past week I made some cherry conserve.

This was an adventure I chose all by myself. lol I had never done anything with cherries before and decided to be a bit adventurous.

My fingers and hands turned brown from all of the cutting.

Cutting up 3 1/2 cups of cherries took quite a while. (I realized later that I didn't have to cut them up as much as I did... hey, I learned something!)

I ate a lot of them as I cut them. Boy, they were yummy.....

I kept dreaming of photographing them as I was preparing the conserve.

For my first batches ever, I thought they turned out quite well. And, yes, cherry conserve is planning on being put in the fair. :)

I'll be doing more preserves, conserves and jams in the next bit of time....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! Yum--Yum!!
Looks so good> Love!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your name again as the winner! It won't be long until the fair-can you believe it?-MC

Gretchen said...

Since I now own some of this prize-potential potion, can I have your autograph?