Monday, July 19, 2010

07/19/10

Before I go further in the vacation pics, I must show these tomatoes from our garden.

Steve said so.

He's been asking me pretty much each day since we got back.

These tomatoes were just hanging on the vines when we got back home.... tons of them! They were so big and yummy so he had me take pics! (See, he does get into my blogging...)




We couldn't eat all of them so we shared some. Steve took the ones we kept and made a homemade spaghetti sauce with them last week.
Oh. My. Word.
That sauce was beyond wonderful. With our next batch we're going to do some more!!!
Here are a few vacation pics for today:

The subway... first time for Mom and the kids. We were ALL tired by this point and going back to the hotel to rest before we went to the fireworks later that evening.

The kids loved the subway... thought it was neat.

We were basically alone in that car. My how that would change later.....

Before we left for the fireworks I was checking my email from the complimentary computers at the hotel. Mikayla decided to work on her Webkinz for a minute. lol

4 comments:

Vonda said...

There is nothing like true love and homegrown tomatoes!

Anonymous said...

Wow! them maters look so good. Wish I had a mess of them. Your Mom & Kevin look tired. Love !!

Sandy said...

I LOVE homegrown tomatoes!!! Yours are beautiful!

Gretchen said...

Those tomatoes make my mouth water.

Your mom looks thrilled to be on the subway ;)