Tuesday, July 06, 2010

07/06/10

More of those lily pics. :)




I have been doing a Bible Study this summer.... more sporadic than I had originally planned because of the painting. I am loving it, though, and learning much. It is called Breaking Free by Beth Moore.

If you will "humor" me for the next few days I am going to share some things I have learned thus far. I pray it will be encouraging to you as well!

I have recently learned this thought myself. When Beth Moore wrote it I underlined it and KNEW what she meant:

"The filling only Christ can give does not automatically accompany our salvation. It was in my early 30's before I understood the huge difference between salvation from sin and satisfaction of the soul. Salvation secures our lives for all eternity, Soul satisfaction ensures abundant life on earth." - Beth Moore

Is your soul satisfied or are you just living the Christian life only knowing you are free from eternity in Hell? God wants us to hunger and thirst for Him so we can be "soul satisfied!"

Psalm 63:1-8
O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly;
My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You,
In a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2Thus I have seen You in the sanctuary,
To see Your power and Your glory.
3Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
My lips will praise You.
4So I will bless You as long as I live;
I will lift up my hands in Your name.
5My soul is satisfied as with marrow and fatness,
And my mouth offers praises with joyful lips.
6When I remember You on my bed,
I meditate on You in the night watches,
7For You have been my help,
And in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy.
8My soul clings to You;
Your right hand upholds me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovin' it! It's so true and so well put! I read that book and enjoyed it a lot. I'm doing a Bible study on Ruth by Kelly Minter and it is very good as well. -kim

Amy said...

Love the inside glimpse of the lily, so pretty! And that sounds like a really good bible study, I like Beth Moore a lot. I did her bible study on Daniel at my old church. :)

Katrina said...

Beautiful Kellie!
We are studying, "The Heart of the Shepherd," by Stephen Chappell. It is based on the twenty-third Psalm. Our study leader always reminds us that if we are too filled up on the things of the world then there won't be any room left for the things of God. Looking forward to your insight from your study.