Friday, July 02, 2010

07/02/10

Here are some more "before and after" pics but this time it is with decorations for our bathroom. :) You saw them in the pics from our master bedroom/bath makeover, but I'll show these a little more up close.

I have totally been learning the value of some spray paint and to see that some things have great potential if you look beyond the color or way it is decorated at the time.

My choice of colors this time.



This is a candle holder. I needed something tall for one side of the bathroom around the tub. When I saw this I imagined what it COULD be. :)

Here it is after its transformation.
I love that the "curly Q's" on the iron look like my baker's rack that holds the towels in the bathroom.

I needed another tall item for the other side of the tub surround.
Voila... I found this vase that was wood and had some areas that had been "loved."


Here is the after shot after some good old black spray paint... with the flowing "greenery" Mom and I found at Michaels. It looks awesome in that corner!

This last one was my bold and daring move... FOR ME. lol

I saw this vase at the thrift store and fell in love with its lines. I did not like the blue flowers, though. I originally was going to paint this black, too, but then I began to think... there ARE other colors of spray paint, Kellie!

So this is what she became instead... I will say that I had to put a TON of coats on it to cover up the blue flowers that kept trying to peep through.


The greenery container was also a thrift store find. I needed something sturdy and flat to hold the greenery on top of the bakers rack and this does the trick. I didn't change anything with that... it was nice the way it was.

I am just so tickled to have learned through other blogs of friends how to transform something ordinary into extraordinary without having to pay a lot for it! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go girl, they all were restored to beautiful works of art. Love!!

Unknown said...

I am SO PROUD of you!!! Now you understand my love affair with a spray can? :)

Looks fantastic!