Friday, July 30, 2010

07/30/10

Plymouth - or as they spell it "Plimoth".... This is not the actual site, but about 3 miles or so from where they were. They built this to be as close to what it would have been during that time period.

LOVED this place and would have enjoyed staying there longer if it wasn't close to the end of their day. The people who walk around as colonists actually talk to you as if it were the year 1627. I LOVED THAT.

I learned some interesting tidbits from the women.... Did you know women are "wet brained" and men are "hot brained"? We are wet brained because... as those women put it... we release each month. (Let me just say that embarrassed the mess out of me. lol) Because we do that we are not very smart... according to the time of 1627. Now, men are "hot brained" because they think so much their hair gets burned off their head. This would be how they explained balding men. Hmmmmm.....

The women also told me my clothes were ill-fitting and it was very apparent I didn't go to a tailor like they did. And here I thought I was looking "A-OK" that day! lol

I would have loved to have chatted with those women longer! It was fun hearing them chat about people I have read were on the Mayflower as if they actually knew them.

Here are a few scenes from Plymouth. You'll have to wait for more until I can get them worked on. lol

thatched roof

one of the homes

house being built

cute little ram

Wesley was trying to make friends with the chicken.

garden

This guy made me hot with all of his clothing. He was trying to figure out what to do with that wood. He kept talking to himself. lol

The following pictures are of the inside of some of the homes.

This guy was enjoying a great book near a tree!

No comments: