Sunday, June 20, 2010

06/20/10

It is Father's Day. :)

I chose the above picture because it symbolizes a father to me. God gave us Fathers so that they can shine God's love down on us and be that rock of stability on this earth. In all of that, they are a picture of our Heavenly Father and the love he shows us and the rock He is to us.

This is a day set aside to honor the men in our lives who are fathers to us. Our Heavenly Father speaks of how those earthly fathers should conduct themselves in the lives of those he loves.

Ephesians 5:25
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Ephesians 6:4
And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

I can honestly say that these verses are true for my own Daddy as well as my sweet Steve, the Daddy to our own. What a blessing to know these men are a part of my life!

I am also grateful that I get to share my own birthday with this special day. I was born on Father's Day so when I have it fall on that special day in a year it makes me smile.

Today I am just turning 21.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kellie, Happy Happy Birthday
to You! Also happy Happy Fathers Day to My Son Steve. Hope you both had a wounderful day!
Love! Love!