Wednesday, June 02, 2010

06/02/10

Flowers from the Zoo....
Yesterday was filled with Optometry appointments.

I had to go for my annual visit. I found out my eyes have changed. For worse.

Great.

I knew my eyes weren't working right together for a while so I knew they had changed but I was surprised at how my left eye changed quite a bit.

I realize I am near forty so they can't get much worse in the negative view, but it stinks to be so bad off in the vision department.

How can I be thankful? I am thankful there is a way to help me see so that you all are not fuzzy to me.

Steve asked if I was legally blind.

Thanks, honey.

On a wonderful side note to that adventure at the Optometrist.... one of my former students from A LONG TIME AGO is now in Optometry school. He just finished his first year and he was "shadowing" my Optometrist and got to do some of my exam! That was quite neat that he was able to be there that day. That was the Lord, too, because my doctor said he didn't know who was on the schedule that day who would be willing to allow a student to do part of the exam. I was originally scheduled for Thursday.

Coincidence? I think not. :)

Our next visit to an Optometrist was for my wonderful and precious son who a week ago lost his glasses.

We have searched here and yon, near and far, high and low, called Steve's dad to check his boat house a second time just in case he missed seeing them the first time from when we went to see them last weekend, checked at school, checked in both vehicles... many times, looked in all of the places in the house where we have found them before.

NO GLASSES.

So I called to check on the pricing for these spectacles last Friday. To my dismay I found that they were a chunk of change without insurance helping.

Solution?

Wessie Woo would be forking over some cash to help out with the purchase of these new beauties.

We went and found some new frames yesterday. They aren't exactly like his old ones, but they were close.

They had a special on lenses/frames. I think they understand life with a child and glasses being lost. I was so thankful for this package deal. Once I checked out I shared with Wesley how much money he could gratefully pay back his mother and father. So much for those souvenirs on our trip this summer. :)

Lesson learned and learned well.... take care of what you have and be responsible!

Fast forward to today.

We had just finished our walk and the kids were cleaning up their rooms. Lo, and behold, Mikayla runs out of her room shouting "I FOUND THEM!"

She finds Wesley's glasses in her "horse barn" in her room.

She was excited that she found them.

Wesley was beyond excited because he feels that money going back into his pocket.

I was rejoicing that the things had been found but laughing inside knowing that yesterday I had this thought..... "Watch us buy these things and then find his old ones tomorrow!!"

Well, Wesley's excitement came to a bit of a halt when I shared with him that the glasses were already ordered and he would still be sharing his money with us. He'll now have two pair of glasses in case this ever happens again.

I knew the Lord knew where those glasses were and they would be found in His timing if that was His will. It just shows me that the Lord knew Wes needed another pair as back up.

I think the lesson has been learned. :)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm so glad he found his glasses...although a little late (or so we think...like you said the Lord has perfect timing). I'm sure he learned a good lesson.

Anonymous said...

Well bless his heart now he has a backup, but I must say like Father like Son, he did get some of that from Dad! I beleive we have all lost an item in our lifetime. It sure will make you appreciate this item more tho!
Love!!

wendy said...

I think my eyes are getting worse too. Sometime this summer I'll plan to hear the bad news. On a more positive note, my kids read a story in their reader today about baby birds. So I pulled up your blog and showed all the pictures from your nest. They loved it! Especially the worm guts on the back of the one bird's throat :)