Friday, June 11, 2010

06/11/10


Most unusual plant... was outside along the paths at the Zoo. Not sure what it is, but I thought it was very pretty.
This is what happens when you neglect your garden because you are too busy painting. We went out there today and found these zucchini and squash that were HUGE!!! We must remember the poor garden.....


Mikayla's room is almost finished. We put the last of her furniture in it around 11:00 or so. This is after moving her bed around "50" times to see what would work best.... and, of course, where we had it before all of this is where it is staying. She was glad to sleep in her bed again and not on the floor. lol We are tickled so far and can't wait to get it all done.

Wesley's room needs another coat of paint. Argh. Hopefully his will get done tonight or tomorrow.

Next will be the dining room and then our bedroom/bathroom.

Now, you may be wondering why we are hitting this with so much gusto.

Last year about this time we bought A LOT of paint to do our rooms LAST year. Well, my sweet Steve didn't realize he was ordering SEMI-GLOSS for the walls instead of satin finish. We couldn't use it.... except for the yellow we decided to still use in the laundry room because it would make the walls easier to wipe off. However, Steve did not enjoy the semi-gloss painting process. It runs off of the wall...

We started painting in the kitchen once we went back and bought the right finish on the paint.... and it finally became complete around November of last year. Steve was not so sure about my painting ability last year so he wanted to do it all himself.

Our kitchen isn't huge.

Do you see where this is going?

I've been moving paint cans for over a year now. It is getting old.

What is also taking so long is the fact that we must paint the trim as we paint the rooms because it is 13 years old and needs freshening.

Half of our den has now been repainted. We have a dividing line and if you know where to look you can REALLY see it.

SO.... when we began again to paint starting with Mikayla's transformation, I began to realize we might as well knock it all out at once and be DONE WITH IT. I don't want to keep moving paint cans. Know what I mean?

Unfortunately, this means there is no restful and laid back summer days so far.

That doesn't really bother me. I have found I can "cut in" on painting the trimming of the walls and ceiling... something Steve wasn't so sure was in me. lol It has given me a chance to help out Steve again in ways that he would feel overwhelmed if he worked all day and came home to start the whole process. He does so much for me during the school year.

Today I cut the grass before we got busy on more projects inside.

Just call me "Handywoman Kellie."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL! iKNOW YOU HAVE IT IN YOU . HEE-HEE LOVE !!