Saturday, June 19, 2010

06/19/10

Today is the hall bath makeover. (Also known as Wesley and Mikayla's bathroom!) :)

There was not as much changing with the decorations for the hall bath since I had recently done that. (If you want to see that post, go here 01/10/10.)

I was originally going to paint this bathroom the same color because, well... that is what we had in the rest of the main part of the house. I had a revelation in this painting process that this bathroom could be different, too! lol

The border needed to go. It was fine 13.5 years ago when we built the house but this was one of those borders that was limiting my choices of colors.... plus, it just needed to go.

So, without further ado....

Before

After
Lyndhurst green paint... and I love it! It brings out the green I had in my pictures and the main rug in the bathroom.
I also love that the border is gone.


Before
After
We got new lighting over the sink. I didn't get a shot of the former lighting before, but it was the bar lighting with the bulbs sticking out.... kind of like you would see where movie stars get their hair and makeup done. lol
I love, love, love the new lighting!

Before
After
Notice the new towel bars, too!

Before

After
The little wall hanging above the lamp is actual tiles with Scripture on them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty, pretty, Kellie! Love the color! Christy Teague

Sandy said...

Very pretty! I like the color and the light fixture.

wendy said...

It's a great color. You've done such a nice job with all the updates!

Gretchen said...

LOVE love love it!!! The green is perfect and the light fixture really adds the bow to the package!