Thursday, June 17, 2010

06/17/10

Dahlias - new to our household this year. Love them. :) You will be seeing more pictures of these in the near future!

I am still painting. We found that the color we chose for our room/bathroom was a bit too bright for our liking so we have had to add white and try to tone it down a bit. We'll see what works after we keep playing with it today. Glad I didn't paint the entire bathroom or I would be using Kilz all over again today!

I got outside and mowed a bit of grass this morning. I needed to do something different than hold a paintbrush in my hands for a time.

As we all know, sometimes life seems to throw us some "curve balls"... like when you are re-doing your house and then you find out the hot water heater needs replacing.

Yeah, that would be us.

On Sunday the pastor spoke on Psalm 37 and it was what I needed for this week.... and life in general. I've been re-reading that Psalm this week and it has given me strength when I needed it!

Psalm 37 has some great verbs showing us how we are to be with the Lord. As you read further you see these verses that are good indications of what will happen if we follow the "verbs" at the beginning of the chapter.

Psalm 37:23-24
The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.
Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand.

The Lord knows our problems. He knows what "curve balls" life can throw us.... so what does He want us to do with those "curve balls?"

V. 3 - Trust in the Lord, and do good;

V. 4 - Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

V. 5 - Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

V. 7 - Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him;


How many of you have not been able to sleep at night because of a problem? I've been there!!
When we give our problems over to the Lord we can REST!!!

I am choosing to trust in, delight in, commit my way to, and wait on the Lord so that I can rest in Him through the "curve balls" of life.

What about you?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Yes, Amen!! I too have been there many times.
Love ! Love!

Mich said...

Great verses. I needed it...

Anonymous said...

Great devotion you just shared with us today. Thanks...was perfect!
Kim

Sandy said...

I can't tell you how much I needed this today...
I went to the doctor yesterday expecting some explanation as to why my hand hasn't healed completely since the 2/23 surgery. Instead I found out I will need to have surgery on my wrist for a torn ligament (like ACL on the knee). I was so discouraged when I left there that I was in tears. As I talked to my sweet daughter on the phone, asking her to pray for me, she prayed for a miracle of healing. I didn't even think to pray for that!