Thursday, June 03, 2010

06/03/10

Orchids from the Zoo. If you click on the pics you can see the clear liquid that is oozing from them. I am not a scholar in the realm of orchids so I am not sure why it was doing that. Anyone know?

Today has been cleaning day.

It's the cleaning day that doesn't happen when you are in school. We normally are in "survival" mode during the school year.

I began in our bathroom and spent probably two hours in there. I cleaned out our cabinet and the drawers.

I'll confess - I am a pack rat and I saw much evidence of that today.

I have gotten much better over the years, but I found out today I still need some help.

I found two tubes of lipstick that were so low that I would have cut my lips trying to put it on. I know what I had thought...."I'll save those tubes of lipstick so I can use it with my lip brush."

What lip brush?

I don't know where that thing is anyway!

I found safety pins.... in places I didn't realize I had them. They are now organized nicely in a little container that I also found stuck in the deep recesses of the cabinet.

I found out we had plenty of travel sized toothpastes and floss. Anyone need any? I can ship it to you if you are out.

Remember the curling iron? I found my old one today. I am still keeping that thing because you never know when either they may come back in high demand or I could get a large sum of money for it to be displayed in the National History Museum.

I threw away tons of nail polish. Who knew I had so many colors...that are now gooey! I did manage to keep a couple.

Anyone need any Bath and Body Works lotions? If so, please let me know and I'll be happy to ship those to you as well. (Apparently I need to use it and not keep stock piling it!)

I found lots of creams that were floating around drawers that had expired in the last three years. Nice to know we haven't had the need for them.... Hate it has been that long since I truly looked.

I threw away more things than I could count.... and it felt good. This old pack rat is getting better at cleaning out instead of being sentimental about her stuff.... like lipstick.

Now I have to tackle our room.

That will wait until another day. :)

1 comment:

Mich said...

So envious of your cleaning spree...something I so need to do.

Hope you have a beautiful rest of the week.