Monday, June 14, 2010

06/14/10

So here they are... Mikayla's makeover pics. :) I'm going to try to do before and after pics as best as I can. I couldn't remember all of the angles I took of the "before" when I did the "after!" Click on the pictures so you can view the picture of the room bigger.

Mikayla Girl loves butterflies, bunnies, horses and flowers. We painted her room "Bo Peep" yellow eight years ago when this became her room after we took her out of the nursery with Wesley. The butterflies have been on her wall since then. We really haven't done much more decorating in her room since then.... except she has added various posters, stickers, etc.... to her doors and walls. lol We have changed her bedding a couple of times.

Are ya ready? :)

Before

After

Before...
that was my curio full of my collectible dolls in the corner by the windows. We took that out and it will now be in the dining room.

After
We put one of my antique tables from the dining room in the place of the curio. It allows her another cozy area and a table for pictures or what not.
Her new bedding is a quilt we found at Target. The bedding we had ordered online was not available any longer so we had to go to plan B..... which I think I like even better than the one we couldn't get!
You can also see my old baby doll crib at the end of her bed. This was also my Mom's as a child. It is neat to hand it down to her. Hopefully the Lord will allow her to have a daughter one day so she can do the same. :)

Before...
notice all of the stuff she had hanging, etc... She reminded me so much of myself when I was her age!
After
Nice and tidy now... those are three pictures of my photographs on the right. She picked them out and then I framed them for her. Her window treatments we found at Lowe's of all places.... purple sheers with sparkly circle thingies all over them. They are beautiful!
Before....
she had a shelf over her closet doors for her tea sets. We took that down to be used elsewhere because we bought her the other shelving for those. She can now open her closet doors all of the way!
Her calendars were thumb tacked to the wall. We shared with her that we will not be putting thumb tacks in the wall any longer. lol

After
Now she can display above her closet the beautiful butterflies Kevin had brought her back from Mexico a few years ago. Could you find them in any of the before pictures? lol They definitely didn't get to "shine."

Her doors look so much better. There was a lot of scrubbing with "Goo Be Gone" by yours truly.
Her wall hanging I made is beautiful against the pink. She is so excited. :)

Her shelves up close. It is nice to finally see her tea sets she collects being displayed where others can see and cats can't destroy. lol

She has now slept in her room for two nights and loves, loves it. I told her to enjoy it for a LONG time because it would be a LONG time before we did anything like this again. lol It is now a place we all go to just enjoy the peaceful brightness of our home. She knows what was put into it and it is teaching her to value what she has and to take care of it!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Love it!! I know that was a lot of hard work, but it was well worth it. It looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I just Love It, Tell Makayla I know she will enjoy that room for many days to come. It looks so warm and inviting.I love the new quilt and curtians.
Love! Love!

Morgan said...

Kellie these are awesome!!! She has graduated to a 'big girl room'!!!! You guys did a great job. I know she looooooves it!

Lynne said...

I love Mikayla's new room! I know she will enjoy it for year's to come. I love her new bedspread too! Love to see the pictures! :)