Saturday, June 05, 2010

06/05/10

A couple more flowers from the Zoo. I know the top one is an orchid... not sure about the second one.
Today we got our first tomato from the garden!! It still has to ripen a bit, but it will be OH so yummy!
Our squash vines are exploding! Wesley and I picked these this morning! That is a full Walmart bag to the bottom left of the red bucket and it is full, too! We LOVE squash so we'll be enjoying these this next week! We had our first zucchini today, too.
We are in the process of re-doing Mikayla' Girl's room. She has had "Bo Peep" yellow paint since she was two years old. It's also time to make it into an "older" girls room. We are in the process of picking out a new paint, bed covering (ordered it today), window treatments and are now looking at "re-designs" for her walls. Hee hee.... she and I are a bit excited.

She has helped pay for the bedding... and was happy to do so. She kept telling me today as we were looking for new wall paint, etc.... that she was so glad we were her parents because we were strict and didn't always give them what they wanted, but also kind and giving for things we need.... and even sometimes things they don't need. I had to chuckle at that one. I am thankful she appreciates what we are doing for her.

Pictures of the room makeover will come soon.... we just have a lot to do before I can post any!

1 comment:

Mich said...

Room makeovers are fun. We are in the process of doing my son's room now.

Happy weekend.