Saturday, May 22, 2010

05/22/10

This was taken at the Zoo.... just not as a "wild" animal in an enclosed area. :)


I had a student who was in my class last year come up to me on the playground the other day. She shared with me that she had won the top Accelerated Reader points in her class. This is a major accomplishment for her because she needed another year to grow when I had her so we decided to hold her back with me. I had the joy of teaching her for two years.

Well, that day she told me "Thank you for pushing me so hard in reading!"

I don't recall ever having a child tell me something like that before. There are some days where you wonder if the kids are really getting what you are teaching and if it matters as much. I have had parents through the years share with me but not a child in THAT way.... thanking me for pushing them.

That is something that will stick with me for always. When I have those days where I wonder if I am even making a difference I will remember those words.

I thank the Lord that He gives us those little boosts of what we need when we need them. Without Him I am nothing as a teacher.

No comments: