Thursday, May 06, 2010

05/06/10

Today is 59th observance of the National Day of Prayer.

The theme for this year is "Prayer! For Such a Time as This," based on Nahum 1:7 - The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him.

The thoughts on "such a time as this" are from Esther 4:14 where Mordecai, Queen Esther's uncle, told her she should go to the King on the behalf of the Jews who were to be destroyed following a decree brought about by a wicked man named Haman.

Esther was unsure about going to the King. She knew she had to be summoned or she would risk being put to death. Here is Mordecai's response to her from Esther 4:

"For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place and you and your father's house will perish. And who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this?"

Esther realized then that God was in control. The word "God" or any form thereof is never mentioned in the book of Esther but His Providence is evident all over the book! She was placed in the King's palace... for such a time as that!

America is not what it used to be! Our country is moving further and further away from it's foundation of believing in the one TRUE God. Instead our government keeps pushing tolerance of many religions and being politically correct.

God has placed us where we are for a purpose. We know we have to stand for what is right. We must stand for the only path that will lead others to Heaven. There are not many ways to eternal life in Heaven. There is but one way and that is through trusting in Jesus Christ as Savior.

Aren't we just like Esther who at first was so scared of the outcome she was afraid to do anything about it?

The Lord has brought the theme's verse of Esther 4:14 to my mind so much in the past few months. I have been placed where I am in this world "for such a time as this." He has reminded me of it in ways that I never thought of before. When I found out it was the theme to this year's National Day of Prayer I was in awe of God's timing because it has been so evident in my life where He has placed me. He causes something that looks bleak to turn into something that He has providentially planned to work out for good.

We must keep the faith.

We must stand firm.

We must PRAY.

Have you prayed today?

Is it something you only do when you "think" about it or do you do as the Bible tells us in I Thessalonians 5:17 - "Pray without ceasing"?

Is it something you only do today because of what today is?

Do you have a relationship with Jesus Christ to whom you may come boldly at any time and any place?

My prayer life has definitely changed in the past few years. I am thankful for the relationship I have with Jesus Christ where I can go to Him anytime in prayer whether I am driving down the road, in the shower, or by my bed at night. He is ALWAYS there.

Let us rejoice.

Let us praise.

LET US PRAY to the ONE TRUE GOD
for "in Him we live, and move, and have our being" - Acts 17:28a

1 comment:

Mich said...

Thanks for the prayer reminder.

Love the story of Esther.