Wednesday, May 05, 2010

05/05/10

Oh, how I love me some Hostess Ho-Ho's.

When I was little I could eat a box of ten at one sitting.

Good memories accompany these delightful, individually-wrapped, sweet creations. I used to sit in the bend of my Daddy's knees on the couch while he took naps to rejuvenate himself after getting up at 2:30 in the morning. Many times I would have me some Ho-Ho's in hand as I sat there. I would take small bites as to soak in all of the goodness and keep it lasting as long as I could.

Unfortunately, my self-control was not as it should be as a wee one. My Mom began to hide any kind of sweets from me and I would have to go to another room and close my eyes so she could get them out of the hiding place for me to have a SMALL amount. (I find now that I need to do that with Wes.. lol)

Well, I have not seen my old, scrumptious friends lately when in the grocery store. As we were perusing the aisles of Super Walmart last Saturday, what did my eyes behold but HOSTESS HO-HO's!!!

Immediately, I grabbed a box and put them in the cart. There was no thinking through on the price of those... NO sirreee!!!!!

As we walked around I began to lovingly share with my precious husband and children that they were NOT allowed to touch the box or eat ANY of those beloved Ho-Ho's because they were all MINE.

Yes, that was quite selfish. I realize that.

They had PLENTY of sweet treats in the cart for them.

My precious family understands my "needs" and lets me enjoy them.

These Ho-Ho's are taking me back down Memory Lane and have done so once a day since we've gotten them. I have 10 days to enjoy the memories.

Please excuse me now as I partake yet again.....

1 comment:

Mich said...

Giggle. you are too funny! i bet you could make my dessert with your beloved treat.