Saturday, May 01, 2010

05/01/10

A hibiscus is such a beautiful flower. I love showing this type of flower when I teach plants to my students because of the so obvious pistil and stamens.


This morning the whole family did a 5K at school. I'll be the first to admit that when I awoke this morning I reallllly didn't want to do it. School is getting to the time of year where I just stay exhausted and would have loved to have kept on sleeping and being a bit lazy. The morning proved to be good, though, and I NEEDED to get out there and walk to get rid of some of that lazy feeling.

It was also a great family day. I was beyond impressed and proud of Wesley who ran it in 30 minutes. (That is 3.1 miles, peeps....) Steve and Mikayla were next on the list of my proud moments as they started out walking but ended up jogging and finished in 40 minutes. I came in "last" for our family because I power walked the entire time and finished in 47 minutes and some change. Seeing as we've been walking now as a family more for a month or so I was pretty tickled with that. It was a great morning and I really enjoyed it.

This afternoon Mikayla and I are baking to get ready for Homecoming at church tomorrow. We're making cupcakes with homemade icing, brownies, German Chocolate pies and Chocolate Chess pies. YUMMO. Tomorrow morning we'll work on the "main course" dishes we are preparing.

I am thankful to the Lord for His blessings in so many ways today.

Leave me a comment telling me something you enjoyed doing today and how the Lord has blessed YOU. :)

5 comments:

Mich said...

Loved cooking and then watching a movie with the hubby this afternoon. Love lazy Saturdays.

Sounds like you had a beautiful day!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed going and getting breakfast with my husband, and also enjoyed my new haircut today.
However I am blessed with 3 of the most precious children a mother could have! also a beautiful and loved daughter, and a handsome son-in-law,and 6 of the most precious grandchildren in the world! Amen!
Really I feel very blessed!!

Anonymous said...

Opp's I meant to say a beautiful and loved daughter-in-law.
Love!!

Unknown said...

Check out my blog post today on "Full Circle". :)

wendy said...

Today, on this national scrapbooking day, I enjoyed scrapping with a friend, hitting up a scrapbook warehouse sale (remember my addiction to paper?), and was blessed to find out my parents are going to pay for my plane ticket to Ohio in June!