Thursday, May 20, 2010

05/20/10

When I was obsessing excited over photographing the flamingos at the Zoo, I was able to be there and capture a couple of them fighting. They were causing a ruckus for sure! It was quite neat as I had never seen that before.
We are growing musicians in this family.... we think.

First, Mikayla began piano. We are enjoying hearing her come so far in just 10 months. I am amazed when I hear her play.

Next, Wesley has decided he wants to be in band next year at school. Can we say "tweet/womp/tweet/fliff"???? Those are some sounds I'll be hearing as he tries out the flute, clarinet, trombone and trumpet next year.

He'll be practicing in his room.

With the door closed.

While I step outside.

What does Wes think he wants to play after he goes through them all???

The flute.

I'm honestly just not seeing that, but we'll see what the Lord decides. :) He is quite excited about learning something where he has to practice like Mikayla. lol (We'll see how long that lasts.) I am proud of him for stepping out into a world that was never comfortable for me. Music is not in my blood as far as playing an instrument.

Yesterday, Mikayla comes home telling me she wants to play the viola next year.

Hmmm..... I like a viola.

She already practices 45 minutes a day for piano. This would require a little more practice time, too.

She will miss 3 recesses one week and 2 the next, etc... as the year progresses.

It will be another commitment to which we will hold her for one year.

Her response, "SIGN ME UP!"

That's my girl. :)

2 comments:

Mich said...

My hubby is the musician of our family and has passed the love along to our kids.

My daughter plays the piano and flute and my son is learning the guitar.

happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

Maybe some baseball or football rec league could help pump up that testosterone and make him switch to the trombone, drums or trumpet :-)_

Kim