Sunday, May 16, 2010

05/16/10

It's been 46 years today.


Forty-six years of love.

Forty-six years of devotion and commitment.

Forty-six years of an example of what a marriage should be.

Mom and Dad have sacrificed much, become best friends, loved through sickness and health, dealt with hard blows from life as well as enjoyed the crazy moments that have come.

Through it all they have remained together and grew closer.

That picture above was taken a couple of years ago but it is something I see every time we are around them. They always take time to show love to the other whether in word or deed. Their "arguments" are about who will do what for the other one. It is most hilarious to watch.

Theirs is a selfless and constant love. One that is based on the love of the Lord being the center of their marriage and home.

Their marriage was one I always wanted.

I know Steve and I are getting there but we have many more years to catch up with what they have.

I am just thankful and blessed for the example they have been to me and Kevin through our growing up years and now for my own family.

They never want much said about their special day.

In fact, Mom would NOT like that I have put this on here simply because they are not people who want to "show off."

However, I do not see it as "showing off".... I just see it as a major thing in this day and time where marriages are falling apart left and right and people are only out for number one - themselves. They fail to see that true love and marriage is the act of dying to ones own desires to fulfill something for the other.

I've witnessed that time and time again with Mom and Dad.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, MOM and DAD! We love you MUCH!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kellie - The picture of your parents is sweet, but sweeter is chocolate ganache cupcakes -- of which I have located and printed the recipe. Thanks, gal! Now I just have to acquire a double boiler and buy the ingredients!

Anonymous said...

Kellie that picture is priceless!
Please tell your Mom & Dad that I said Happy Anniversary, and God Bless them both. Love!, Love!!

Sandy said...

Not only is is NOT showing off, it is a wonderful example of what God can do in & through His people, sustaining & growing a loving marriage through all those years while all around us marriages fall apart for so little reason... except mostly for the biggest reason: selfishness.
Happy Anniversary to your mom & dad, & thank God for using them as a Godly example to so many others.

Kelly said...

I love this post! You have great parents, and they are a great example to others!!

Gretchen said...

They are so cute! Even though they don't "show it off" they are still a great and rare example to the world. Lifetime love is precious!